Sunday, July 03, 2005

Katie #1


Katie #1
Originally uploaded by matteich.
Katie (L) has more personality than any one person is entitled to. This is probably accented by her handicaps which prevent her from living any semblance of a normal life. She has limited motor skills and is unable to communicate verbally other than "yes", "no" and a few other basics. Despite all my aunt & uncle's attempts to explain to her, she has yet to conceptualize the fact that I am her cousin. Thus, she flirts with me shamelessly every time I see her. Each day she goes out and picks dandylions or any other flowers she can find growing and leaves them on my doorstep. I guess she reminds me that love is a feeling that we all possess and desire; an intrinsic part of being human. As she studies me in her child-like curiosity, I've decided to study her with my camera over the next few months that I'm living here. Hopefully it will yield something telling & beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home